The Classic Movies – The Wrath of Khan

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

The Classic Movies – The Wrath of Khan

Postby drak3n » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:20 pm

"If the Secondary Weapon requires that the attacking ship have the defending ship target locked, it may still fire that weapon, but the defending ship rolls an additional +3 defense dice. The attacking ship must discard theSecondary Weapon Upgrade when the attack is completed."

How does this interact with USS Enterprise-E?
"you may fire a torpedo at an enemy ship without needing a target lock. If you do so, place an auxiliary power token beside your ship"

Does the defender get +3 defense dice and I discard the weapon after the attack or does the ships ability bypass the torpedoes need for a target lock
drak3n
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Wrath of Khan OP Rules Question

Postby mrdumbazcanb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:43 pm

A ship may perform the [Sensor Echo] Action if that ship performed a Maneuver with a speed of 3 or less, even though that ship is not Cloaked and even if the [Sensor Echo] Action is not listed on that ship’s Action Bar.


Does this include fighters squads?

A ship rolls +2 defense dice.


Do fighter squads also receive the +2 defense dice when they defend?

Also if I target lock a ship before it enters the Nebula, can is still use the target lock for a secondary weapon or for re-rolls?
mrdumbazcanb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:11 am

Classic Movie OP - Wrath of Khan

Postby bodark3927 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:23 pm

Do the following two paragraphs only apply to Secondary Weapons with a range of 2-3 and/or requiring Target Lock? If so does that mean Secondary Weapons with ranges of 1-2 or 1-3 and not requiring Target Lock are not effected by these pararaphs? Also does the discard function of the second paragraph only apply to Secondary Weapons requiring Target Lock?

6) A ship may fire any Secondary Weapons that can only be fired at Range 2-3 at a ship at Range 1, but the attacking ship will sustain damage equal to the damage it inflicts minus 1. NOTE: A ship cannot take critical damage from its own attacks.

If the Secondary Weapon requires that the attacking ship have the defending ship target locked, it may still fire that weapon, but the defending ship rolls an additional +3 defense dice. The attacking ship must discard the Secondary Weapon Upgrade when the attack is completed.
bodark3927
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Classic Movie OP - Wrath of Khan

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:41 am

bodark3927 wrote:Do the following two paragraphs only apply to Secondary Weapons with a range of 2-3 and/or requiring Target Lock? If so does that mean Secondary Weapons with ranges of 1-2 or 1-3 and not requiring Target Lock are not effected by these pararaphs? Also does the discard function of the second paragraph only apply to Secondary Weapons requiring Target Lock?

6) A ship may fire any Secondary Weapons that can only be fired at Range 2-3 at a ship at Range 1, but the attacking ship will sustain damage equal to the damage it inflicts minus 1. NOTE: A ship cannot take critical damage from its own attacks.

If the Secondary Weapon requires that the attacking ship have the defending ship target locked, it may still fire that weapon, but the defending ship rolls an additional +3 defense dice. The attacking ship must discard the Secondary Weapon Upgrade when the attack is completed.


The quoted paragraphs apply to all Secondary Weapons. But, if a secondary weapon may not normally be fired at range 1 it may in this scenario.

If a secondary weapon requires a target lock it must be discarded after it is fired in this scenario.
User avatar
stawrulesteam
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: Wrath of Khan OP Rules Question

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:47 am

mrdumbazcanb wrote:
A ship may perform the [Sensor Echo] Action if that ship performed a Maneuver with a speed of 3 or less, even though that ship is not Cloaked and even if the [Sensor Echo] Action is not listed on that ship’s Action Bar.


Does this include fighters squads?

A ship rolls +2 defense dice.


Do fighter squads also receive the +2 defense dice when they defend?

Also if I target lock a ship before it enters the Nebula, can is still use the target lock for a secondary weapon or for re-rolls?


In this scenario, yes fighter squadrons would gain the ability to sensor echo and rol the +2 defense dice.

When a ship enters the nebula discard any target lock tokens (either blue or red) associated with it.
User avatar
stawrulesteam
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: Classic Movie OP - Wrath of Khan

Postby gilleschak » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Month-1-Overview-Sheet.pdf states:
7) A ship that overlaps another ship at the end of its movement must move backward along its chosen Maneuver Template until it no longer overlaps the other ship. This ship cannot perform any Actions this round.
In addition, both ships must roll a number of defense dice equal to ½ of their Captain’s Skill Number (rounded up). Each ship sustains 2 damage to its Hull, minus 1 damage for every [Evade] result (min 0).


However the STAW-Tournament-Rules-042915.pdf states:
If a large-base ship executes a maneuver that would cause the final position of its base to overlap the base of a ship with a Hull of 6 or lower, the large-base ship does not lose its “Perform Action” Step.


1. Do the game rules override tournament OP special instructions? That is, do the large-base ships keep their actions?

2. When a ship exits the nebula, does the ship need to wait till the end phase to activate its disabled shields? Or can it enable all its disabled shields right away?
gilleschak
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: The Classic Movies – The Wrath of Khan

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu May 19, 2016 8:23 am

drak3n wrote:"If the Secondary Weapon requires that the attacking ship have the defending ship target locked, it may still fire that weapon, but the defending ship rolls an additional +3 defense dice. The attacking ship must discard theSecondary Weapon Upgrade when the attack is completed."

How does this interact with USS Enterprise-E?
"you may fire a torpedo at an enemy ship without needing a target lock. If you do so, place an auxiliary power token beside your ship"

Does the defender get +3 defense dice and I discard the weapon after the attack or does the ships ability bypass the torpedoes need for a target lock


No, the weapon still requires a target lock, Enterprise-E only allows you to fire without it even out side of the nebula. While inside the nebula both the rules of the scenario and Enterprise-E's game text would be in effect at the same time.
User avatar
stawrulesteam
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: Classic Movie OP - Wrath of Khan

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu May 19, 2016 8:25 am

gilleschak wrote:Month-1-Overview-Sheet.pdf states:
7) A ship that overlaps another ship at the end of its movement must move backward along its chosen Maneuver Template until it no longer overlaps the other ship. This ship cannot perform any Actions this round.
In addition, both ships must roll a number of defense dice equal to ½ of their Captain’s Skill Number (rounded up). Each ship sustains 2 damage to its Hull, minus 1 damage for every [Evade] result (min 0).


However the STAW-Tournament-Rules-042915.pdf states:
If a large-base ship executes a maneuver that would cause the final position of its base to overlap the base of a ship with a Hull of 6 or lower, the large-base ship does not lose its “Perform Action” Step.


1. Do the game rules override tournament OP special instructions? That is, do the large-base ships keep their actions?

2. When a ship exits the nebula, does the ship need to wait till the end phase to activate its disabled shields? Or can it enable all its disabled shields right away?


1. Any ship, no matter the size, in this scenario would lose it action while in the nebula.
2. You may only raise your shields during the end phase.
User avatar
stawrulesteam
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm


Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

cron
Fatal: Not able to open cache/data_global.php