Vehicles

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

Vehicles

Postby mattgroenheide » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:16 pm

The Comprehensive Rulebook Supplement says:
If a Vehicle has a pilot, it has “FREE: Replace this vehicle’s attack, damage, and range values with those printed values of its pilot until your next turn.”


If a character is piloting a vehicle, can they choose to use the pilot's own attack (and maybe range) value and the bystander vehicle's damage (and maybe range) value? or must they replace all of the specified vehicle's values with the pilot's values?
mattgroenheide
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:20 am

Re: Vehicles

Postby hcrulesteam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:36 am

mattgroenheide wrote:
If a Vehicle has a pilot, it has “FREE: Replace this vehicle’s attack, damage, and range values with those printed values of its pilot until your next turn.”

If a character is piloting a vehicle, can they choose to use the pilot's own attack (and maybe range) value and the bystander vehicle's damage (and maybe range) value? or must they replace all of the specified vehicle's values with the pilot's values?

When a vehicle uses the quoted FREE action, it must replace all of the specified combat values (attack, damage, & range) with the same printed combat values of the pilot. You may not pick and choose which values to replace.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Vehicles

Postby dasaul29 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 pm

From the comprehensive rulebook:

Autopilot. No Symbol. This vehicle may be given actions without a pilot. When you do so, immediately after resolutions deal this vehicle 1 unavoidable damage.


Does this description of Autopilot from the comprehensive rules to receive unavoidable damage from any action type overrule previous autopilot abilities that are stated on character cards where your receive unavoidable damage if you make an attack?

Example of word on a modern character card

Kang's time chair:
AUTOPILOT: This vehicle may be given actions without a pilot. When it doesn't have a pilot and an action resolves in which it made an attack, deal it one unavoidable damage.
dasaul29
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:47 am

Re: Vehicles

Postby hcrulesteam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:19 pm

dasaul29 wrote:Does this description of Autopilot from the comprehensive rules to receive unavoidable damage from any action type overrule previous autopilot abilities that are stated on character cards where your receive unavoidable damage if you make an attack?

No. The new Autopilot wording does not supersede the previous Autopilot wording.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Vehicles

Postby zandig » Wed May 30, 2018 3:54 pm

TMT S011 Stormbreaker

EFFECT: Energy Explosion, Quake. Modify range +2.


If a Vehicle has a pilot, it has “FREE: Choose a standard attack or standard damage power its pilot can use. This vehicle can use the chosen power but can’t use its attack or damage powers until your next turn.”


If a Vehicle is being piloted by a character equipped with an object, can the Vehicle use its FREE action to choose a standard attack or damage power from the pilot that is granted by the equipment?
zandig
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:09 am

Re: Vehicles

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:27 am

zandig wrote:If a Vehicle is being piloted by a character equipped with an object, can the Vehicle use its FREE action to choose a standard attack or damage power from the pilot that is granted by the equipment?

Yes.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm


Return to HeroClix Rules Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests

cron
Fatal: Not able to open cache/data_global.php